Its Spring = Allergies
Spring is welcomed and dreaded by some due to allergies.
Nutrition-In Chinese medicine we eat by the seasons and spring encourages us to move from the nutrient dense comfort foods of winter to a more alkaline, lighter fare:
- Stewed rhubarb for detoxification and a good spring clean
- Fresh green onions and garlic that boost our immune system and are powerful antioxidants
- Lemon water first thing in the morning nourishes the liver
- Focus on steaming, more green vegetables and less fatty foods and carbohydrates
- Enjoy the flavours and new produce thats coming to your local grocer
2. Home- time to open the doors and windows and let the fresh spring air in
- Turn/flip, vacuum and air your mattresses
- Recycle and give away items that you don't need-outdoor garage sale
- Start seedlings to enjoy fresh home grown produce
3. Emotional- practise the power of forgiveness and let go of all resentments and bitterness. Spring is a time of renewal and regeneration
4. Move- enjoy the longer days, go for a walk, and breathe in the signs of spring. The liver needs movement and so do you!