Are you loving YOU today?
February is "LOVE" month and my question is, "Are you loving YOU today?"
Love comes in many forms and is eloquently described below. Our unique self expression of love begins within ourself. And, as we learn to honour, respect and uplift our thoughts and actions in our daily lives we in turn, bless others.
The world is crying for this spiritual love awakening to relieve its citizens from various evil, encumbering snares. There has never been a more important time to seize your voice, to not be afraid to say, "No, thank you," to acknowledge that not everybody will like you, and ... to value your commitment to being true to yourself without apology.
I Corinthians 13:4-8: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
You may ask, "I am not sure how to love myself" let me list the ways :)
1. On awakening, speak gratitude and happiness for a new day- count your blessings
2. Greet yourself in love as you prepare for the day
3. Cook nutritious meals
4. Document your accomplishments
5. Acknowledge your feelings and re-place negative feelings and thoughts with positive affirmations, a up-beat song, a up-lifting mantra
6. Take time to smell the roses, walk the dog, feel the breeze on your face
7. Speak kindly about yourself
8. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded folks
9. Adhere to your own boundaries
10. Take life less serious and laugh
Self-love lays the foundation to happiness, contentment, joy and many more wonderful attributes. Take the time to fall in love with YOURSELF! You will like your own company and be a delight to others.